Psychological Sciences Department Purchasing and Payment Procedures
- Please send all purchasing and personal service requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reimbursement for out-of-pocket purchases are strictly limited to emergency allowable goods and services for official University use for a limited amount. Please do not make a purchase out of pocket unless it is an emergency.
- Personal service requests (consultants, training professionals, contractors) need to be sent to email@example.com at least 2-4 weeks before the service is due in order to ensure that we receive approval beforehand. For Personal Service Agreements (PSA) please allow at least 1 month processing time. Services should not be provided prior to approval as it would be considered an unauthorized purchase.
- Lecturers, speakers and certain professionals providing personal services can be paid after the fact on a one time basis only if the total amount does not exceed $2500 (including travel) per calendar year.
- Orders between $10,000 and $50,000 require 3 quotes from different vendors. If a vendor exhausted the non-contract spend available for the fiscal year throughout the university collectively, 3 quotes will be required even if the requested order is under $10,000.
- Any orders over $50,000 require a formal bid process that is publically advertised.
- Sole Source Procurement is still available, but Uniform Guidance has limited the use of sole sources to distinct justifications.
- The Department needs to follow the procurement requirements of State Statutes, the University’s existing policies and procedures about General- Fair and Open Competition and the OMB Circulars.
Related rules and regulations:
- UConn Procurement Services
- Out of pocket purchases
- Payment for Personal Services
- Sole Source Procurement
- Conflict of Interest
- Uconn Purchasing Guide
- Purchasing Users Manual