Professor & BNS Program Head
Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
- Psychopharmacology and drug development
- Neurochemistry, signal transduction, and behavior
- Behavioral functions of dopamine, acetylcholine, serotonin, and adeenosine
- Animal models of Parkinson’s disease, depression, schizophrenia, fatigue
- Nunes EJ, Randall PA, Hart EE, Freeland C, Yohn SE, Baqi Y, MÃ¼ller CE, LÃ³pez-Cruz L, Correa M, Salamone JD (2013) Effort-related motivational effects of the VMAT-2 inhibitor tetrabenazine: implications for animal models of the motivational symptoms of depression. J Neurosci 33(49):19120-19130.
- Randall PA, Lee CA, Nunes EJ, Yohn SE, Nowak V, Khan B, Shah P, Pandit S, Vemuri VK, Makriyannis A, Baqi Y, MÃ¼ller CE, Correa M, Salamone JD (2014) The VMAT-2 inhibitor tetrabenazine affects effort-related decision making in a progressive ratio/chow feeding choice task: reversal with antidepressant drugs. PLoS One 9(6):e99320.
- Long LL, Podurgiel SJ, Haque AF, Errante EL, Chrobak JJ, Salamone JD (2016) Subthalamic and Cortical Local Field Potentials Associated with Pilocarpine-Induced Oral Tremor in the Rat. Front Behav Neurosci 10:123.
- Yohn SE, Collins SL, Contreras-Mora HM, Errante EL, Rowland MA, Correa M, Salamone JD (2016) Not all antidepressants are created equal: Differential effects of monoamine uptake inhibitors on effort-related choice behavior. Neuropsychopharmacology 41(3):686-694.
- Yohn SE, Arif Y, Haley A, Tripodi G, Baqi Y, MÃ¼ller CE, Miguel NS, Correa M, Salamone JD (2016) Effort-related motivational effects of the pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-6: pharmacological and neurochemical characterization. Psychopharmacology 233(19-20):3575-3586.
- Salamone JD, Yohn S, Lopez-Cruz L, San Miguel N, Correa M (2016) Activational and effort-related aspects of motivation: neural mechanisms and implications for psychopathology. Brain 139(Pt 5): 1325-1347.
- Salamone JD, Correa M, Ferrigno S, Yang JH, Rotolo RA, Presby RE. The Psychopharmacology of Effort-Related Decision Making: Dopamine, Adenosine, and Insights into the Neurochemistry of Motivation. Pharmacol Rev. 2018 Oct;70(4):747-762.
- University of Connecticut Alumni Association Award for Faculty Excellence in Teaching at the Undergraduate Level, 2002.
- Joseph V. Brady Significant Research Contribution Award, 2015
- Editorial Board: Behavioural Brain Research, Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior, Frontiers in Behaviorial Neuroscience
|Mailing Address||Unit 1020|
|Office Location||Bousfield 116|