- Barnes-Farrell, J., & Petery, G. A. (In press). The moderating role of employment status and gender on the relationship between psychological age and health: A two-wave cross-lagged panel analysis of data from the Health and Retirement sudy. Work, Age and Retirement.
- Barnes-Farrell, J. L. & Petery, G. A. (2017). Older Worker Issues. In S. Rogelberg (Ed.) The SAGE Encyclopedia of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 2nd ed. (pp. 1041-1044). New -York: Routledge.
Recent Conference Papers/Presentations
- Petery, G. A., Barnes-Farrell, J., Laguerre, R. A., & Scymcyk, J. (2017, June). Broadening our understanding of predictors of subjective age. Paper presented at Work, Stress, and Health: 12th International Conference on Occupational Stress and Health, Minneapolis, MN.
- Petery, G. A., & Barnes-Farrell, J. (2017, May). The influence of multiple social identities on positive and negative beliefs about older workers. Paper presented at the 2017 Congress of the European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology, Dublin, Ireland.
- Petery, G. A., Barnes-Farrell, J., & Laguerre, R. (2017, April). Young adults’ exposure to ‘Older Workers’: Experiences, beliefs, and preferences. In G. A. Petery & J. Barnes-Farrell (Co-Chairs), Perspectives on workplace age discrimination: Prevalence, processes, and outcomes. Symposium conducted at the 32nd Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology, Orlando, FL.
- Petery, G. A., & Barnes-Farrell, J. (2016 November). Same as it ever was: Comparing young adults’ age bias toward older workers from 1989 and 2015. In D. Kooiji (Chair), Age stereotypes at work: Changing attitudes towards older workers to improve successful aging. Symposium conducted at the Gerontological Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
- Petery, G. A., Barnes-Farrell, J., & Cherniack, M. G. (2016 April). Longitudinal relationships between psychological age and facets of health: The moderating role of chronological age. Paper presented at the 12th European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology Conference, Athens, Greece.