- Hormones, brain development and cognition
- Animal models of brain damage and developmental disabilities
- Fitch, RH., Tallal, P., Brown, C., Galaburda, A., & Rosen, GD. 1994. Induced microgyria and auditory temporal processing in rats: A model for language impairment? Cerebral Cortex, 4, 260-270.
- Fitch, RH., & Denenberg, VH. 1998. A role for ovarian hormones in sexual differentiation of the brain. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 21, 311-352.
- Clark, M., Rosen, G., Tallal, P. & Fitch, RH. 2000. Impaired processing of complex auditory stimuli in rats with induced cerebrocortical microgyria. J Cog Neurosci, 12 (5), 828 839.
- Peiffer, AM, Rosen, GD & Fitch, RH. 2002. Rapid auditory processing and MGN morphology in rats reared in varied acoustic environments. Dev Brain Res, 138, 187-193.
- Fitch, R.H. & Tallal, P. 2003. Neural mechanisms of language based learning impairments: Insights from human populations and animal models. Behavioral and Cognitive Neuroscience Reviews, 2 (3), 155 – 178.
- Peiffer, A.M., Rosen, G.D. & Fitch, R.H. 2004. Sex differences in auditory processing deficits in microgyric rats. Developmental Brain Research, 148 (1), 53 – 57.
- McClure, M., Threlkeld, S. & Fitch, R.H. 2006a. The effects of erythropoietin on auditory processing following neonatal hypoxic-ischemic injury. Brain Research, 1087, 190 195.
- McClure, M., Threlkeld, S., Rosen, G. & Fitch, R.H. 2006b. Rapid auditory processing and learning deficits in rats with P1 versus P7 neonatal hypoxic-ischemic injury. Behavioural Brain Research, 172, 114 – 121.
- Threlkeld, S.W., McClure, M.M., Rosen, G.D. & Fitch, R.H. 2006. Developmental timeframes for the induction of microgyria and rapid auditory processing deficits in the rat. Brain Research, 1109, 22 31
- National Dyslexia Research Foundation Award for Distinguished Young Researcher in the field of Cognitive Neuroscience, 1993
- McDonnell-Pew Foundation, Cognitive Neuroscience Award, 1992
- Rita Rudel Memorial Foundation Award for Outstanding Young Scientist in Neuropsychology, 1990