Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
- Psychopharmacology and drug development
- Neurochemistry, signal transduction, and behavior
- Behavioral functions of dopamine, acetylcholine, serotonin, and adeenosine
- Animal models of Parkinson’s disease, depression, schizophrenia, fatigue
- Nunes EJ, Randall PA, Hart EE, Freeland C, Yohn SE, Baqi Y, Müller CE, López-Cruz L, Correa M, Salamone JD (2013) Effort-related motivational effects of the VMAT-2 inhibitor tetrabenazine: implications for animal models of the motivational symptoms of depression. J Neurosci 33(49):19120-19130.
- Randall PA, Lee CA, Nunes EJ, Yohn SE, Nowak V, Khan B, Shah P, Pandit S, Vemuri VK, Makriyannis A, Baqi Y, Müller CE, Correa M, Salamone JD (2014) The VMAT-2 inhibitor tetrabenazine affects effort-related decision making in a progressive ratio/chow feeding choice task: reversal with antidepressant drugs. PLoS One 9(6):e99320.
- Long LL, Podurgiel SJ, Haque AF, Errante EL, Chrobak JJ, Salamone JD (2016) Subthalamic and Cortical Local Field Potentials Associated with Pilocarpine-Induced Oral Tremor in the Rat. Front Behav Neurosci 10:123.
- Yohn SE, Collins SL, Contreras-Mora HM, Errante EL, Rowland MA, Correa M, Salamone JD (2016) Not all antidepressants are created equal: Differential effects of monoamine uptake inhibitors on effort-related choice behavior. Neuropsychopharmacology 41(3):686-694.
- Yohn SE, Arif Y, Haley A, Tripodi G, Baqi Y, Müller CE, Miguel NS, Correa M, Salamone JD (2016) Effort-related motivational effects of the pro-inflammatory cytokine interleukin-6: pharmacological and neurochemical characterization. Psychopharmacology 233(19-20):3575-3586.
- Salamone JD, Yohn S, Lopez-Cruz L, San Miguel N, Correa M (2016) Activational and effort-related aspects of motivation: neural mechanisms and implications for psychopathology. Brain 139(Pt 5): 1325-1347.
- Salamone JD, Correa M, Ferrigno S, Yang JH, Rotolo RA, Presby RE. The Psychopharmacology of Effort-Related Decision Making: Dopamine, Adenosine, and Insights into the Neurochemistry of Motivation. Pharmacol Rev. 2018 Oct;70(4):747-762.
- University of Connecticut Alumni Association Award for Faculty Excellence in Teaching at the Undergraduate Level, 2002.
- Joseph V. Brady Significant Research Contribution Award, 2015
- Editorial Board: Behavioural Brain Research, Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behavior, Frontiers in Behaviorial Neuroscience