Building Access and Keys

The UConn Department of Psychological Sciences  is actively concerned for the safety of all faculty, staff and students. Safety is best achieved when members of the department community work together to promote a safe environment. The following provides guidelines for access to Psychological Sciences buildings (Bousfield, Arjona, Whetten).


Building Access / Request for *Keycard* Access

Requests for keycard access (using HuskyOne Card) to rooms for faculty, staff, and students should be done by contacting a member of Psychology IT or by emailing
Requestors will need to supply basic information, including which room(s) are needed, date range for access, Uconn email, and HuskyOne Card information. Requests must be approved by the PI.



Building Access/ Request for *Physical* Keys

Access/Physical Key request for individual faculty, staff, and students should be done by emailing and approved by department head or PI.

Request for replacement keys to individuals, require the approval of the dean, director or vice president. Certain special orders will require the consideration of Physical Plant Director and the approval of the Vice President for Administration and Finance before being accepted.

All student (graduate and undergraduate) and student employee key & access requests are granted for up to a year, and due back on May 15th, or upon the student’s graduation, whichever occurs first. A request for an extension from the current due date will be accepted starting on May 1st of each year.

All key & access requests require adequate justification.  Students may request their own keys, however the requests must be approved by the designated departmental staff member.

Additionally, the key holder is responsible for any fines associated with keys checked out to them. Fines are not to be paid by the department or with university funds. The key holder may have the fine charged to their U-Bill, payroll deducted, or pay with check or cash.




If there are any questions, comments, or concerns that you would like to bring to our attention you can contact us at