When making requests, please keep the following in mind:
- Room Requests. Options can be found on the Room Reservations page and the Classrooms website.
- Balance. Not all courses can be TuTh, and at least 30% should be scheduled during non-primetime.
- Time Blocks. Undergraduate courses must adhere to standard start times and blocks during primetime: MWF starting at 8:00, 9:05, 10:10, 11:15, 12:20, 1:25, 2:30, 3:35 or TuTh starting at 8:00, 9:30, 11:00, 12:30, 2:00, 3:30. Graduate courses should also follow the MWF start time, as many graduate students are inherently subject to the undergraduate time blocks. Courses beginning at 4:00pm (non-primetime) and later do not have to follow standard time block scheduling.
- Prohibited Course Times. Graduate courses (or undergraduate courses utilizing graduate students as TAs or IORs) will not be scheduled during the following times: W 9:05am-10:05am and W 4:45pm-5:45pm. Courses will not be schedule during the departmental colloquium time: W 3:35pm-4:35pm.
- Variable Topic Courses. Don’t forget to list a topic! Please note that excessively long titles will be abbreviated and truncated (almost to incomprehension) down to 30 characters in order to fit on the student’s transcript.
- Buy-Outs and Sabbatical Leaves. Please confirm these details with Jim Green prior to submitting your course information.
This information is further detailed on the Course Requests page.