- Links between mental health and reproductive health in high-risk adolescence
- Adolescent parenthood
- Intergenerational effects of child maltreatment and family violence
- Family functioning in the context of maternal mental illness
- Milan, S., Ickovics, J, Kershaw, T., Lewis, J., Meade, C. & Ethier, K. (2004). Prevalence, course, and predictors of emotional distress in pregnant and parenting adolescents. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 72, 328-34.
- Milan, S., Lewis, J., Ethier, K., Kershaw, T., & Ickovics, J. (2004). The impact of physical maltreatment history on the adolescent mother-infant relationship: Mediating and moderating effects during the transition to early parenthood. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 32, 249-261.
- Milan, S. & Pinderhughes, E. (2000). Maltreated children’s adjustment to foster care. Development and Psychopathology, 12, (63-81).
- Milan, S. & Keiley, M. (2000). Biracial youth and families in therapy: Issues and interventions. Journal of Marriage and Family Therapy, 26(3), 305-315.
- Milan, S., Lewis, J., Ethier, K., Kershaw, T., & Ickovics, J. (in press). Relationship violence among adolescent mothers: Patterns and mental health implications. Psychology of Women Quarterly: Special Issue on Female Violence.